Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Work for a living or Living for work?

I always imagined I would finish High School go to college while living at home, get my degree and a steady career, then get married and have kids. Somewhere along the way that all changed. Maybe it was because I suddenly wasn't comfortable living in my home with my parents, or maybe because I ran into the man of my dreams, or maybe I just had no idea what life was going to throw at me. So here I am, four years after graduating high school. I am married, a stepmom, working full time, and going to school. My Husband and I work to afford our home that we enjoy so much together. But juggling everything is difficult. I want a baby desperatley, but sometimes I question myself, could I handle one more thing? But then I think, people do it all the time. And who is to say that when I have a child of my own that I will care about getting a degree? The more I think about it, the more I would like to be a stay home mom, running five kids to school everyday and things of the like. But I have to be a mom to do that. And stay home. So right now I just work and go to school and everything else to keep my mind occupied. Thinking too much, is just as bad as not thinking at all, I think. So what do you do? Do you go to school or work or have kids? Or all of the above? How have your views on life changed as you have gotten older and gotten married and had children? Mine have change alot, and continue to change everyday. But how do you know what's right? Do you just "feel" it, or go with the flow? Or do you make it happen?

2 comments:

  1. I used to want to be a doctor, probably because I'd have people calling me "Doctor So-n-So" all the time. And having kids was the furthest thing from my mind.

    I'm soon to be 25, about to get married, and I'm still working on my Bachelor's. I realized I want to focus on writing and hopefully be a writing teacher in the future. I'm dying to become a mother as well.

    Life gets in the way sometimes and sort of derails us, but I think that happens for a reason. I think you have to make things happen for yourself, but if you get knocked off course then you have to ride it out, so it's a mixture of everything you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know I am not the only one is this boat! It's so hard, trying to figure out what to focus all my attention on, but I have realized I just need to take things day by day, and some of the things I want are out of my control and it has been hard accepting that, but it has made things alot less stressful for me! Good luck with everything, just remember stay calm and breathe!! =)

    ReplyDelete