Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Back and Forth

Do you ever have a problem with making a decision? Pfft...I do. Every time I think my mind is made up...I change it! How on earth do I fix it? Two weeks ago I got my hair done, a little darker than I would normally go. Walked out of the salon loving it...two days later...I had pure hatred for my hair. So this past Saturday I got it done, again, to look how it looked before...so I could have avoided wasting my time and money with the whole darker do.



Now I feel the same about my job. I love the people I work with, and my job isn't horrible. But I am at work for 10 hours a day. Granted, one of those hours is lunch, but I usually stay here...so I'm not "technically" leaving. It pays okay, but not the best. And I am just concerned that when we have kids, I will be working here, and having to leave my kids at daycare for ten hours a day! While some people can do this..I don't think I am one of them...I will have to work, at least part time, and the work doesn't bother me...I just wish I could get off work earlier or something. But right now, I know I should be thankful to have a job at all right? So I feel confused as to what I should do. Eventually I would like to just stay home with our kids (or be a teacher if I follow through with school..but I'm not sure about that). Ultimately, my dream is to just stay home and raise my children. But in the mean time, I feel like I am stuck between and rock and a hard place! Once my husband finishes school...I will definitely be able to stay home...it's the mean time I am worried about...

So what do you do for a living? Are you happy with your job? If you stay home with your kids (which I do still consider full time work by the way..probably more work than most jobs!), did you have to make any sacrifices to be able to do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment